Descendants of Johann Adam Fischer von Fischerbach
Generation No. 1
JOHANN ADAM FISCHER VON FISCHERBACH was born Abt. 1684 in of Silesia, Germany.
Notes for JOHANN ADAM FISCHER VON FISCHERBACH:
Forward excerpts from: "The Legacy of Adam Fisher" by James S. Fisher Piscator Publications, 1985: *This book is out of print!
A COAT-OF-ARMS?....NO!..Before the turn of the century, our clan spent time, money, and effort in an attempt to identify our European ancestor. They were unsuccessful at every try. And now one hundred years later..one hundred years distant from their efforts..I have tried and thus far have failed. It is inconceivable, almost, that no one kept a record..written or verbal..as to the name and local of this elusive ancestor. "ALL stories say that he was a wealthy German Baron and Head Counselor to Frederick the Great. All stories say that he had one son and heir, Adam Fis(c)her who made himself persona non grata by killing a deer of the king's. This was a hanging offence, but due to the prominence of the old Baron, Adam's life was spared; however, because of the embarrassment, the old Baron decided to send his son packing to America. After reading many accounts of this happening and after separating fact from fiction, I am convinced that Adam came to this country accompanied by his wife and one son, Abraham who must have been from 10 to 15 years old. Adam had an older daughter whom the old Baron kept with him to inherit his vast fortunein case his son, Adam, was lost at sea, killed, or whatever. A few stories say that Adam landed at New York circa 1741 and that his second son, Jacob, was born there circa 1742; and about this time, 1742, Adam and family are said to have settled about 12 miles from Philadelphia on the Schuylkill River. Some stories, most of them, say that Jacob was born there. One story has it that Adam landed at Baltimore!
A son of Adam Jr.'s, David Fisher, wrote that Adam Sr. was "profligate," ran through his money and lost his home on the Schuylkill, that he became homesick for the old country and started a journey back there when he came down with small pox in Philadelphia, became blind and died in 1757 at his old home on the Schuylkill. One statement says that he was buried near Old Swede's Church; others states that he was buried at Fischer's Hill in Virginia where an important battle of the Civil War was fought; but all stories say that his family was destitute at the time of his death (which makes me wonder where he got the money for his return trip to the old country!).
Remember, please, that we have been looking for a wealthy German Baron (or Lord), who had one son (hopefully our Adam Fisher) who was sent to America because he had shot a king's deer. This was a hanging offence but was not carried out because his father was a counselor to Frederick the Great. This was embarrassing to Adam's father who gave him a one way ticket to America!
I already had information that this Johann Adam Fischer von Fischerbach was a Silesian land-owner who had been elevated to Bohemian nobility on May 8, 1703 and that he was the only one of his family of his generation to be so elevated.
The author received a lengthly report from the Jagiellonian University Library which took years and the intervention of the American Consulate at Krakow, Poland to receive: This report verified the facts in the paragraph above plus the fact that the ceremony elevating JAF to nobility was held in the emperor's palace at Laxenburg in the Baden district (near Vienna) on the Schwechat River. At that time, 1703, Silesia belonged to Austria and it was natural for a German Lord or Baron to be owning land in Silesia. It was further revealed that there were several noble Fischer families in the Prussian states and that Johann Adam Fischer von Fischerbach is traced back to the Fischer von Fischerbachs who were counted among the Silesian nobility of the 16th century. A most important statement of this report was that this Fischer von Fischerbach line became extinct with the death of Johann Adam, (because his only son, our first ancestor in America, had been sent to America!?).
Legend has it that our European ancestor was old..he has always been written about as "the old Baron." So, if he was age 30 at his elevation to nobility, he would have been 69 or 70 years old when Frederick the Great came to power and proceeded to conquer Silesia. History says that when Frederick the Great came to power he was so pleased with the land-management in Silesia that he instructed his Berlin headquarters to keep "hands off"...that he would manage this territory himself. AND, with Johann Adam being of German lineage and a Silesian land-owner, would it not be a natural thing for him to be a "counselor" to Frederick the Great...this in spite of the fact that Thomas Carlyle's ten volumn history on Frederick the Great does not mention Johann Adam.
Of course, we do not know that Johann Adam was still living when Frederick the Great came to power; and, we do not yet know if Johann Adam actually had a son by the name of Adam who shot one of Frederick's deer and was shipped off to America. After World War I, the archives pertaining to nobility as kept at Vienna were required to be turned over to the State Archives of Prague. (*At the time of this being written the author had written to that office but he must not have received an answer prior to publication of the book.)
*The above mentioned book is out of print and the author deceased. The only copy I have ever seen is in the Sutro Library in San Francisco, California
More About JOHANN ADAM FISCHER VON FISCHERBACH: Ennobled: Johann was ennobled in a ceremony held at the Emperor's palace at Laxenburg in the Baden district (near Vienna) on the Schwechat River by the Emperorof the Holy Roman Empire in his capacity as King of Bohemia.1,2
Child of JOHANN ADAM FISCHER VON FISCHERBACH is:
i. ADAM FISHER/FISCHER, b. Abt. 1710, Prussia/ Germany; d. 1757, 12 Miles from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania along the Schuylkill River..
Generation No. 2
ADAM FISHER/FISCHER (JOHANN ADAM FISCHER VON FISCHERBACH) was born Abt. 1710 in Prussia/ Germany, and died 1757 in 12 Miles from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania along the Schuylkill River.. He married NANCY HULL OR HALL Abt. 1740 in Pennsylvania or Germany3. She was born Abt. 1719 in Germany3.
More About ADAM FISHER/FISCHER: Cause of Death: Smallpox Immigration: 1741, UNCONFIRMED! Arrived in Philadelphia on the ship "Mary Ann." Forced to leave Prussia by King Frederick II of Prussia after killing one of the Kings deer. Military service: Revolutionary War-Adjutant of the 1st Battalion of the Lancaster Co. Militia under Col. Phillip Greenawalt.
Children of ADAM FISHER/FISCHER and NANCY HALL are:
i. ABRAHAM FISHER, b. 1730, Germany or Pennsylvania; d. Yanceyville, Casswell Co., North Carolina.
ii. (GIRL) FISHER, b. Bef. 1741, , , Germany.
Notes for (GIRL) FISHER:
Is this the unknown daughter of Adam's who stayed behind in Prussia with Johann to inherit his estate?
iii. JACOB FISHER, b. 1742, , , New York3; d. , Frederick, Md.3.
iv. DANIEL FISHER, b. 1745, Of Philadelphia, Penn.3; d. January 1817, Of Shenandoah Valley, Augusta, Va3; m. NANCY ANN JONES.
4. v. ADAM JR FISHER, b. September 29, 1750, Of Philadelphia, Penn.; d. May 07, 1827, Indian Creek, Washington Twp, Clermont, Oh.*Possible additional child: Louis Fischer born ca 1743 (NO additional information on this individual!) Found as an LDS submission.
Generation No. 3
3. ABRAHAM3 FISHER (ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1730 in Germany or Pennsylvania3, and died in Yanceyville, Casswell Co., North Carolina3. He married RHODA LAYTON 17333. She was born Abt. 1756 in Germany3, and died in Yanceyville, Caswell Co., North Carolina3.Burial: Yanceyville, Casswell, N.c.3
Children of ABRAHAM FISHER and RHODA LAYTON are:
5. i. TRUSTRAM4 FISHER, b. Bet. 1770 - 1780, North Carolina; d. Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri.
ii. PRUDENCE FISHER, b. Bef. 1775, Maryland3; m. DAVID STRAEDER.
6. iii. CALEB FISHER, b. 1775, North Carolina; d. 1845, Moniteau Co., Missouri.
7. iv. MARY FISHER, b. Abt. 1779, North Carolina.
v. MAHALA FISHER, b. Bet. 1780 - 1790, Maryland3; d. Aft. 1850, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri3; m. ? ALLEN.Burial: Liberty Cemetery, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri3
8. vi. RACHEL FISHER, b. Abt. 1783, Maryland; d. Aft. 1855, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri.
vii. CELIA FISHER, b. Abt. 1783, Maryland.
viii. MILCAH FISHER, b. Abt. 1787, North Carolina; m. ? DILL.
4. ADAM JR3 FISHER (ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born September 29, 1750 in Of Philadelphia, Penn.3, and died May 07, 1827 in Indian Creek, Washington Twp, Clermont, Oh3. Burial: Private Farm, near Moscow, Washington Twp, Clermont Co., Ohio3 He married SUSANNA JONES 1777 in Virginia, daughter of BENJAMIN JONES and LYDIA. She was born March 03, 1758 in Maryland, and died December 17, 1842 in Clermont Co., Ohio.
WILL OF ADAM FISHER JR.
"In the name of God, Amen. I, Adam Fisher, of the County of Clermont & State of Ohio, considering the uncertainty of this mortal life & being of sound mind & memory, blessed be Almighty God for the same, do make & publish this my last will & testament in manner & form following, that is to say,
First, after my decease, I will that my plantation that I now occupy, situate lying & being in the County & State aforesaid, be rented out to the best advantage, said rent I give & bequeath to my beloved wife, Susanna Fisher & to be yearly & punctually paid to her & to be at her disposal during her lifetime. Also I give & bequath to her full use, privilege & benefit of my present dwelling house & kitchen that is situate on said farm & one horse & sidesaddle & bridle with two milch cows to be at her entire disposal during her lifetime, the horse & cattle being kept for her on the farm above mentioned.
Second, all of the other movable property that my wife Susannah Fisher does not stand in need of, I will that it be sold & when the amount is collected, then olut of the whole, my debts that I am justly owing to be paid, then if any money remains, I will that it be equally divided & paid over to my sons, John Fisher & Daniel Fisher.
Third, also at my decease, I give & bequath to my son Peter Fisher, the lot No. 10 that I own, it lying situate & being in the town of Neville, Clermont Co State of Ohio, with all the improvements & appurtanances thereunto belonging. I also give & bequeath to my son George Fisher the plantation that he now resides on lying situate & being in Campbell Co KY, No. 1, as soon as he pays to his brother Peter Fisher $100 including the amount that the said George owes to me at this time, but if the said George pays any part of what he owes to me before my decease, then my executors must make up that amount out of the estate of Peter.
I also give & bequeath to my son Samuel Fisher, the plantation I own, lying situate & being in Campbell Co Ky that he the said Samuel improved & resides on, No.2, the said Samuel with my concent has already sold said plantation & it is fully understood that this is the amount of legacy that he the said Samuel is at any time to receive out of my estate.
I also bequeath to my daughter Peggy Miller, wife of Lewis Millelr, the amlount of the note on Samuel Morgan that he the said Lewis Miller signed over to me & I have delivered the said note to Peggy Miller, wife of Lewis Miller.
I also give & bequeath to my two daughters, Barbary Lindsey & Betsy Slater all my plantation of woodland lying situate & being in Campbell Co State of KY. No 3, & joining the before mentioned tract No 2, to be equally divided between them.
Fourth, after my wife Susanna Fisher's decease, I will that my plantation situate & being in Clermont Co State of Ohio, be sold with all the improvements & appurtenances therunto belonging, either at private or public sale which may be thought most advantageous by the executors & when the amount of the sale is collected, I will that it shall be equally divided & paid over to my sons Jacob Fisher, John Fisher, Henry Fisher, David Fisher & Daniel Fisher excepting $20 that I will & bequeath to my daughter Peggy Miller, wife of Lewis. I will hereby appoint my two sons Jacob Fisher & John Fisher to be the sole executors of this my last will & testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me made, in witness hereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal the fourteenth day of October in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty-Six.
Adam Fyzure (seal)
*At the time of Adam's death, all of his 11 children were living.
Children of ADAM FISHER and SUSANNA JONES are:
i. MARGARET4 FISHER, b. April 08, 1778.
ii. JACOB FISHER, b. June 22, 1779.
iii. JOHN FISHER, b. November 02, 1781.
iv. HENRY FISHER, b. October 05, 1783.
v. PETER FISHER, b. November 17, 1785.
vi. BARBARY FISHER, b. December 17, 1788.
vii. ELIZABETH FISHER, b. October 15, 1790.
viii. GEORGE FISHER, b. March 03, 1792.
ix. DAVID FISHER, b. December 03, 1794.
x. DANIEL FISHER, b. April 05, 1797.
xi. SAMUEL FISHER, b. August 11, 1800.
Generation No. 4
5. TRUSTRAM4 FISHER (ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born Bet. 1770 - 1780 in North Carolina3, and died in Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri3. He married CATHERINE GOLDEN in North Carolina. Burial: Liberty Cemetery, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri
Child of TRUSTRAM FISHER and CATHERINE GOLDEN is:
i. JOHN B.5 FISHER, b. February 15, 1803; d. August 30, 1864.
6. CALEB4 FISHER (ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1775 in North Carolina3, and died 1845 in Moniteau Co., Missouri3. He married MARY HEATHER/HEITHER 1793 in Maryland. She was born Bet. 1773 - 1775 in Maryland, and died Bet. 1850 - 1860 in Missouri.Burial: 1845, Liberty Cemetery, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri
Children of CALEB FISHER and MARY HEATHER/HEITHER are:
9. i. ABRAHAM5 FISHER, b. 1797, North Carolina; d. Aft. 1876, ? Lawrence Co. , Missouri.
ii. HENRY FISHER, b. 1803, , , N.c.; d. 1845, , Morgan, Mo.; m. NELLIE ELEANOR GABRIEL.
iii. WILLIAM FISHER, b. 1804, , , N.c.; d. Bef. 1880; m. ELIZABETH SMITH, December 25, 1827, Cooper Co., Missouri; b. Abt. 1807.
iv. TRUSTRAM FISHER, b. February 24, 1805, , , N.c.; d. April 21, 1863; m. MARGARET GESS.
More About TRUSTRAM FISHER: Burial: , Moniteau, Mo, Liberty Cem
v. RICHARD FISHER, b. 1810, , , Ky.; d. Aft. 1870; m. ELIZABETH SUMMERS.
vi. RHODA FISHER, b. Bet. 1795 - 1812, , , N.c.; d. Aft. 1850, , , Mo; m. TURNER BLASSINGAME.
vii. MARGARET FISHER, b. 1817, , , Ky.; m. (1) ELIAS BRADSHAW; m. (2) ASBERRY DURHAM.
7. MARY4 FISHER (ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born Abt. 1779 in North Carolina3. She married SAMUEL DRISCOLL.
Children of MARY FISHER and SAMUEL DRISCOLL are:
i. WILLIAM5 DRISCOLL.
ii. ROBERT DRISCOLL.
iii. CINDY DRISCOLL.
iv. JOHN DRISCOLL.
8. RACHEL4 FISHER (ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born Abt. 1783 in Maryland3, and died Aft. 1855 in Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri3. She married FURNESS ADAIR. Burial: Liberty Cemetery, Tipton, Moniteau Co., Missouri3
Children of RACHEL FISHER and FURNESS ADAIR are:
i. TRUSTIN5 ADAIR.
ii. NANCY ADAIR.
iii. FURNISS ADAIR.
iv. JULIA ADAIR.
v. WILLIAM ADAIR.
vi. MAJOR ADAIR.
vii. STEPHEN ADAIR, b. August 15, 1811.
viii. RACHAEL ADAIR, b. September 10, 1829.
Generation No. 5
9. ABRAHAM5 FISHER (CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1797 in North Carolina, and died Aft. 1876 in ? Lawrence Co. , Missouri. He married MARTHA KETURAH DEGRAFFENREID Bet. 1818 - 1819 in Allen Co., Ky., daughter of VINCENT DEGRAFFENREID and MARTHA THAXTON. She was born 1802 in North Carolina or Halifax Co. Virginia, and died November 1896 in ? Lawrence Co., Missouri.
Notes for ABRAHAM FISHER: Possible additional child: Rhoda Bell Fisher born abt. 1841 - 1843
Children of ABRAHAM FISHER and MARTHA DEGRAFFENREID are:
10. i. CAPTAIN HENRY6 FISHER, b. February 15, 1820, Mo Or Ky; d. March 19, 1863, Nr. Larussell, Jasper, Mo..
ii. THOMAS J. FISHER, b. Bet. 1822 - 1825, Ky Or Cooper, Missouri; d. February 14, 1899, Bowers Mills, Miller Co., Mo.; m. MATILDA SMITH, February 02, 1845; b. 1824; d. Abt. 1880.
11. iii. ELIZA(BETH) JANE FISHER, b. 1824, Cooper/Morgan, Mo.; d. January 27, 1889, Vineyard Twp.?, Lawrence, Mo..
12. iv. FURNACE/FURNESS FISHER, b. 1826, Cooper Co. , Missouri; d. December 04, 1872, Sarcoxi Township, Jasper Co., Missouri.
13. v. SARAH ANN FISHER, b. 1828, Ozora, Ste. Genevieve C, Mo.; d. 1864, Illinois.
14. vi. RICHARD FISHER, b. 1830, , Cooper, Mo.; d. Abt. 1864, Missouri.
vii. ELLEN (ELLENOR) FISHER, b. 1832, Jasper Co., Missouri; d. 1910, California; m. JOHN PAUL, January 21, 1851.
viii. KITURAH D. FISHER, b. Bet. August 01, 1833 - February 1834, , Morgan, Mo.; d. January 04, 1913, Joplin, Jasper, Mo.; m. GEORGE W. DUFF, January 14, 1858, Jasper County Missouri; b. November 1833; d. January 17, 1910.
More About KITURAH D. FISHER: Burial: January 05, 1913, , Jasper/newton, Mo., Saginaw Cem.
Marriage Notes for KITURAH FISHER and GEORGE DUFF: Jasper County Marriage Book A, page 108
ix. JOHN J. FISHER, b. April 07, 1837, Newton, Morgan, Mo.; d. December 06, 1853, , Jasper, Mo.; m. MARY JANE LACY.
x. WILLIAM JACKSON "BILL" FISHER, b. January 09, 1842, Sarcoxi, Jasper Co., Missouri; d. August 01, 1910, Milwaukie, Clackamas Co., Oregon; m. ELIZABETH JANE WOOD.
More About WILLIAM JACKSON "BILL" FISHER:
Burial: August 02, 1910, Milwaukie Cem., Clackamas Co., Or.
xi. MARGARET E. FISHER, b. 1843, Sarcoxi Twp., Jasper, Mo.; d. 1860.
xii. RHODA BELL FISHER, b. 1846, Oklahoma?; m. THOMAS WILLIAM WOOD.
Generation No. 6
10. CAPTAIN HENRY6 FISHER (ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born February 15, 1820 in Mo Or Ky, and died March 19, 1863 in Nr. Larussell, Jasper, Mo.. He married ELIZA ANN HOPKINS March 17, 1842 in Jasper Co., Missouri. She was born June 02, 1816, and died Abt. 1887.
Notes for ELIZA ANN HOPKINS: Cert. # 157614 Name: Eliza A. Fisher Post Office: Avilla Cause for which pensioned: widow Monthly Rate: 8.00 Original Date: May 1872
Marriage Notes for HENRY FISHER and ELIZA HOPKINS:
Recorded in Jasper Co., Missouri Marriage Book A, page 11
State of Missouri June the first 1842 County of Jasper}
This is to certify that that I did solemnize the bains of matrimony
By Joining together in marriage Henry Fisher and Eliza Ann Hopkins
on the 17th of March 1842
Jeremiah Cravens one of the
county Justices of Jasper County of Mo.
Filed for record on the 1st day of June A.D. 1842 and Truly
recorded on the same day.
Ellwood B. James Recdr.
Child of HENRY FISHER and ELIZA HOPKINS is:
i. E7 FISHER.
11. ELIZA(BETH) JANE6 FISHER (ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1824 in Cooper/Morgan, Mo., and died January 27, 1889 in Vineyard Twp.?, Lawrence, Mo.. She married (1) WILEY JOSEPH HARPER Bet. 1840 - 1842. He was born 1819 in Sumner Co., Tennessee, and died February 1862 in Lawrence Co., Missouri. She married (2) PETER ? March 28, 1870. He was born in Of Lawrence Co., Missouri, and died 1905.
More About ELIZA(BETH) JANE FISHER:
Burial: Sterritt Cem.?, Lawrence, Mo.
More About WILEY JOSEPH HARPER:
Burial: Gowing Cemetery, Lawrence Co., Missouri
More About PETER ?:
Burial: Orongo, , Missouri
Children of ELIZA(BETH) FISHER and WILEY HARPER are:
i. SARAH ELIZABETH7 HARPER, b. 1842.
ii. JOSEPH HENRY HARPER, b. November 11, 1843; d. January 08, 1903.
iii. MARY FRANCES HARPER, b. 1846; d. Bet. 1890 - 1899.
iv. NEVALY HARPER, b. 1848.
v. ANJALINE HARPER, b. 1850.
vi. MARTHA HARPER, b. 1851.
vii. IDA ELLEN HARPER, b. November 1860.
viii. WILEY JEFFERSON HARPER, b. Abt. 1862.
12. FURNACE/FURNESS6 FISHER (ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1826 in Cooper Co. , Missouri, and died December 04, 1872 in Sarcoxi Township, Jasper Co., Missouri. He married ELIZABETH SMITH April 08, 1849 in Lawrence Co., Missouri. She was born January 10, 1829 in Tennessee, and died Aft. 1876.
Notes for FURNACE/FURNESS FISHER: Will Records of Jasper Co., Missouri 1842-1890
Written: November 26, 1872
Probated: March 24, 1873
Executor: Elizabeth Fisher
Witnesses: Charles Ularguis & John B. Cugdon
Wife: Elizabeth Fisher
Son: Samuel N. Fisher
Listed as Turness Fisher in Missouri Marriage records.
More About FURNACE/FURNESS FISHER:
Census: July 06, 1870, Sarcoxi Township, Jasper Co., Missouri
More About ELIZABETH SMITH: Supposed to be 1/4 Choctaw Indian *Dawes Registration denied based on granddaughter Effie Lorena Fisher's testimony (she apparently knew very little about her own background). Census: July 06, 1879, Sarcoxi Township, Jasper Co., Missouri
Marriage Notes for FURNACE/FURNESS FISHER and ELIZABETH SMITH:
Early Marriage Record.--In the history of Barry County all the marriages celebrated in what is now Lawrence County, up to the day of its separation from Barry, are given. For the purposes of pioneer history the following record of marriages, from 1845 to 1856 inclusive, is made a part of this division: Pg. 25 Married by S. P. Biraney, J.P.
Children of FURNACE/FURNESS FISHER and ELIZABETH SMITH are:
i. MARY ELLEN7 FISHER, b. 1850, , Jasper Co. , Mo.; d. 1896, Montague, TX.
15. ii. SAMUEL NEWTON FISHER, b. April 03, 1854, Missouri; d. November 20, 1917, El Centro, Imperial Co., California.
iii. ALICE ELIZABETH FISHER, b. 1859, , , Mo..
iv. SIGLER FISHER, b. 1862, , , Mo.
v. CADDIE FISHER, b. 1868, , , Mo..
vi. EMMA FISHER, b. March 1870, , , Mo..
13. SARAH ANN6 FISHER (ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1828 in Ozora, Ste. Genevieve C, Mo., and died 1864 in Illinois. She married (1) STEPHEN BROWN. She married (2) ANTHONY G. HAGAR December 18, 1844 in Jasper County Missouri.
Marriage Notes for SARAH FISHER and ANTHONY HAGAR: Jasper County Marriage Book A, page 35
State of Missouri County of Jasper} This is to certify that I Valentine Pentzer
a Minister of the Gospel did on the 18th day of December AD 1844 solemnize the rites of matrimony between Anthony G. Hagar & Sarah J. Fisher both of the county and state aforesaid
Given under my hand this 20th day of December AD 1844
Minister of the Gospel
Filed for Record on the 24th day of December AD
1844 and Truly Recorded on the 28th said month
Ellwood B. James Clerk
(Fee 50 cts paid)
Child of SARAH FISHER and ANTHONY HAGAR is:
i. WILLIAM A7 HAGAR, b. May 20, 1848.
14. RICHARD6 FISHER (ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born 1830 in , Cooper, Mo., and died Abt. 1864 in Missouri. He married CAROLINE BERRY May 05, 1853 in Lawrence Co., Missouri.
Marriage Notes for RICHARD FISHER and CAROLINE BERRY: Early Marriage Record.--In the history of Barry County all the marriages celebrated in what is now Lawrence County, up to the day of its separation from Barry, are given. For the purposes of pioneer history the following record of marriages, from 1845 to 1856 inclusive, is made a part of this division: Pg. 30 Married by by A. Brown, M.G.
Child of RICHARD FISHER and CAROLINE BERRY is:
i. GEORGE7 FISHER, b. 1854.
Generation No. 7
15. SAMUEL NEWTON7 FISHER (FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born April 03, 1854 in Missouri, and died November 20, 1917 in El Centro, Imperial Co., California. He married (1) MARY SUSAN BUSBY February 09, 1873 in Dennison, Cooke Co. now Grayson Co., Tx, daughter of SAMUEL BUSBY and CAROLINE BURD. She was born July 18, 1854 in Sarcoxie Co., Missouri, and died April 18, 1898 in Sparks, Lincoln Co., Ok. He married (2) MARY ELLEN WOOD January 29, 1901 in Shawnee, Pottawatomie Co., Oklahoma, daughter of WILLIAM WOOD and MARY MCCLURE. She was born February 05, 1883 in Double Springs, Winston Co., Alabama, and died October 05, 1961 in Buckeye, Maricopa Co., Arizona.
Notes for SAMUEL NEWTON FISHER: Burial: 1917, El Centro, Imperial Co., California *Samuel's grave is unmarked and the cemetery records were lost. The cemetery has only an approximate location of his grave.
Children of SAMUEL FISHER and MARY BUSBY are:
16. i. EFFIE LORENA8 FISHER, b. January 24, 1874, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas; d. July 03, 1958, El Cajon, San Bernadino Co., California.
ii. MAGGIE MAE FISHER, b. December 23, 1876, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas; d. 1896, Shawnee, Pott, Ok; m. JOHN WINSLOW PRINCE, January 26, 1893, South Canadian, Choctaw Nation, Oklahoma.
17. iii. DELLA ELIZABETH FISHER, b. November 11, 1881, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas; d. September 21, 1974, Lubbock, Texas.
iv. WILLIE CAROLINE FISHER, b. September 07, 1883, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas
v. ARTHUR BUSBY FISHER, b. February 15, 1885, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas.
vi. GEORGIE OSCAR FISHER, b. April 21, 1887, <Sparks, Ok> d. January 17, 1895.
vii. MAUDIE GRACE FISHER, b. January 27, 1889, Sparks, Ok; d. March 28, 1976, Carlsbad, San Diego Co., California; m. CLARENCE MILLARD MANGUM, Abt. 1910, Sparks, Oklahoma.
viii. OLA CLEONE FISHER, b. May 25, 1890, <Sparks, Ok> d. October 05, 1981, 92050 (California); m. UNK CONWAY.
More About OLA CLEONE FISHER: Social Security Number: 92050 (California) 564-80-5861 *This zip code is not valid but 92051 is Oceanside, San Diego Co., California
ix. JESSIE A. FISHER, b. January 20, 1892, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas; m. NANCY EVALINE WOOD, October 10, 1909, Sparks, Oklahoma.
x. CHARLIE FISHER, b. January 20, 1892, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas; d. April 19, 1892.
xi. SAMUEL BURD FISHER, b. February 08, 1894, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas.
18. xii. MARY SUSAN FISHER, b. February 18, 1896, Cook, Cooke Co., Texas.
Children of SAMUEL FISHER and MARY WOOD are:
xiii. MYRTLE8 FISHER, b. Abt. December 1901.
19. xiv. LUTHER SAMUEL NEWTON FISHER, b. July 04, 1903, Okemah, Okfuskee, Oklahoma Territory; d. March 24, 1994, Manteca, San Joaquin Co., California.
20. xv. LUKE FISHER, b. December 11, 1904, Oakfuskee, Oklahoma; d. March 14, 1982, Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California.
Generation No. 8
16. EFFIE LORENA8 FISHER (SAMUEL NEWTON7, FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born January 24, 1874 in Cook, Cooke Co., Texas, and died July 03, 1958 in El Cajon, San Bernadino Co., California. She married WILLIAM HOOKER WINGO September 29, 1889 in South Canadian, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma. He was born September 23, 1869 in Arkansas, and died May 10 in Escondido Community Hospital, Escondido, , California.
More About EFFIE LORENA FISHER: Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, San Diego Co., California Residence: 1924, National City, California
More About WILLIAM HOOKER WINGO: Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, San Diego Co., California
Children of EFFIE FISHER and WILLIAM WINGO are:
i. ROY9 WINGO, d. October 15, 1944.
21. ii. MARY E. WINGO.
22. iii. OSCAR NEWTON WINGO.
iv. BIRDIE WINGO, m. STEWART.
v. LORENZO DOW WINGO, d. June 08, 1978.
More About LORENZO DOW WINGO: Burial: June 13, 1978, Greenwood Cemetery, San Diego Co., California
17. DELLA ELIZABETH8 FISHER (SAMUEL NEWTON7, FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born November 11, 1881 in Cook, Cooke Co., Texas, and died September 21, 1974 in Lubbock, Texas. She married UNK FOSTER.
More About DELLA ELIZABETH FISHER: Burial: Lawn Haven Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Clovis,
Residence: Bet. 1946 - 1974, Clovis
Child of DELLA FISHER and UNK FOSTER is:
i. JOHNNIE9 FOSTER.
18. MARY SUSAN8 FISHER (SAMUEL NEWTON7, FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born February 18, 1896 in Cook, Cooke Co., Texas. She married (1) WILLIAM BURGESS WOOD, son of ? WOOD and ANN EDDIE. He was born December 26, 1861 in Alabama, and died July 06, 1948 in Bakersfield, Kern Co., California. Burial: 1948, Delano Cemetary, Delano, Kern Co., California
She married (2) BEARD.
Children of MARY FISHER and WILLIAM WOOD are:
i. HENRY9 WOOD.
ii. RILEY WOOD.
iii. JESSE WOOD.
19. LUTHER SAMUEL NEWTON8 FISHER (SAMUEL NEWTON7, FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born July 04, 1903 in Okemah, Okfuskee, Oklahoma Territory, and died March 24, 1994 in Manteca, San Joaquin Co., California. He married (1) INDIAN TERRITORY (INDA) DOERR 1920, daughter of DOERR and ?. She was born 1904 in Indian Territory Oklahoma. He married (2) MERLE/MYRLE Aft. 1923.
More About LUTHER SAMUEL NEWTON FISHER:
Census: 1930, St. Louis, Missouri 346 Blase Ave. Pg. 24A E.D. 544
Occupation: 1930, Oiler-Railroad
Social Security Number: 708-14-2593 (issued RR before 195?)
Children of LUTHER FISHER and INDIAN DOERR are:
i. SAMUEL9 FISHER, b. PRIVATE Oklahoma. *It is not known to me if he is living or deceased.
ii. RAYMOND FISHER, b. November 1923, Oklahoma.
Notes for RAYMOND FISHER: RAYMOND J FISHER Born: 03 Nov 1923 Died: 15 Oct 1999 (Verified) Last Residence:80212 (Denver, Denver, CO) SSI #:523-34-6869 Issued: Colorado
Child of LUTHER FISHER and MERLE/MYRLE is:
iii. FLOYD9 FISHER.
More About FLOYD FISHER: Gladiola Breeder
20. LUKE8 FISHER (SAMUEL NEWTON7, FURNACE/FURNESS6, ABRAHAM5, CALEB4, ABRAHAM3, ADAM2 FISHER/FISCHER, JOHANN ADAM FISCHER1 VON FISCHERBACH) was born December 11, 1904 in Oakfuskee, Oklahoma, and died March 14, 1982 in Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California. Burial: March 1982, Tracy Public Cemetery, Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California
He married (1) GOLDIE BERNICE TATTERSHALL March 08, 1926 in Oklahoma, daughter of WILLARD TATTERSHALL and HANNA BEVERS. She was born July 05, 1907 in Osage Co., Oklahoma, and died October 10, 1973 in ?Modesto, Stanislaus Co., California.
Marriage Notes for LUKE FISHER and GOLDIE TATTERSHALL:Divorce
More About GOLDIE BERNICE TATTERSHALL:
*Goldie may have been born in Creek Co., Oklahoma
Burial: Park View Cemetary Manteca, San Joaquin Co., California
Cause of Death: Cancer Medical Information: Goldie battled various forms of cancer for seven years prior to her death.
Residence: Bet. 1943 - 1944, Moved to Modesto, Stanislaus Co., CA
He married (2) LENA VIEVA LACCOARCE October 01, 1946 in ?Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California, daughter of GUY LACCOARCE and MAGGIE COOPER. She was born October 16, 1915 in Missouri or Oklahoma, and died March 21, 1984 in Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California.
More About LENA VIEVA LACCOARCE: Burial: March 1984, Tracy Public Cemetery, Tracy, San Joaquin Co., California
Half sister of Alice Marian Laccoarce (wife of Clifford Leroy Fisher)
Children of LUKE FISHER and GOLDIE TATTERSHALL are:
i. DOROTHEA LOUISE MARIE FISHER, b. Oklahoma
ii. CLIFFORD LEROY FISHER, b. September 03, 1927, Oklahoma; d. May 13, 1978, ?, Alameda Co., California.
iii. BARBARA JUNE FISHER, b. Arizona.
iv. HERALD GENE FISHER, b. May 26, 1938, Buckeye, Maricopa Co., Arizona; d. June 1964.
v. GERALD FLOYD FISHER, b. May 26, 1938, Buckeye, Maricopa Co., Arizona; d. April 23, 2004, Modesto, Stanislaus Co., California.
vi. ALBERT LELAND FISHER, b. Arizona.
vii. BONNERJOE FISHER, b.California; m. DEBBIE.
viii. DAVID LEE FISHER, b. May 05, 1943, Merced, Merced Co., California; d. May 06, 1943, Merced, Merced Co., California. Burial: Merced, Merced Co., California
Child of LUKE FISHER and LENA LACCOARCE is:
ix. JEFFRY MARK FISHER, b. California.
There are several generations beyond this one, however as they consist mostly of living individuals they have been omitted to protect their privacy.
There are many genealogists who have contributed to the above information. Much of my information does come from the book by James S. Fisher titled "The Legacy of Adam Fisher," however he is far from being the sole contributor. Those who have contributed know who they are and I am very thankful for their contributions.
Lynn Patteson - California: DeGraffenreid * Lynn lost her brave battle with cancer on Wednesday October 17th, 2007. We will miss her. She was a wonderful and loved friend.
Sara Lynn Patteson
12/01/1945 ó 10/17/2007
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday in Byron for Sara Lynn Beckwith Patteson, 61, a Tracy area resident for the past 29 years who had taught at both Tracy and West high schools.
She died Oct. 17 at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.
A native of Houston, Texas, Mrs. Patteson grew up in Southern California and was a 1964 graduate of Tustin High School in Orange County.
She attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she met and married Walt Patteson of Tracy.
After graduating with a bachelor of science degree in home economics in 1969, she spent the next 10 years as a mother and wife of a U.S. Navy pilot traveling the world.
She began her career in education in 1977 at Virginia Beach, Va. After returning on California in 1979, she taught a year at Stagg High School in Stockton and began teaching special education classes at Tracy High and then at West High. She earned a masterís degree in education from the University of the Pacific in 1982 and retired from teaching in 2006 after teaching 20 years in Tracy schools.
Mrs. Patteson is survived by her husband, Walt Patteson of Tracy; two sons, Pat Patteson and his wife Jennifer of Lusby, Md., and Richard Patteson and his wife Shya of Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii; and four grandchildren, Halley, Ashley and William Patteson of Maryland and Jack Patteson of Hawaii.
Also surviving are a sister, Carole Edwards and her husband Stephen of San Diego.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Richard and Sara Beckwith, and a sister, Dina J. Beckwith.
Mrs. Patteson is remembered by her family and friends as an energetic and innovative teacher and as a loyal, caring and steadfast friend. Her joyful notes will be missed by the church choir at St. Anneís Catholic Church in Byron.
Saturdayís Mass will begin at 11 a.m. at St. Anneís Catholic Church, 2600 Camino Diablo Road, Byron. Inurnment will be private. Fry Memorial Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
The family prefers memorial contributions in Mrs. Pattesonís name to the American Cancer Society, 207 E. Alpine Ave., Stockton 95204, or to a charity of the donorís choice.
David Fisher - Maryland: Fisher